Please view in portrait mode
Official Website of Western India Football Association
PIFA win WIFA Women’s League title, Qualifies for IWL – Final Round

Mumbai’s top-tier women’s football league came to an end on Wednesday. Mumbai-based PIFA Sports won their maiden league title. Thane’s S.P. Football Academy finished runners-up as they missed out on the title by just a point.

Three matches were played on the final day of the WIFA Women’s Football League. The day kicked off with a thrilling encounter between Pacangan FC and Kenkre FC which Pacangan won 4-3. India Rush & S.P. Football Academy won the second and third matches of the day.

In the opening game of the final day, Mumbai’s Kenkre FC took on Satara’s Pacangan FC, in what turned out to be a topsy turvy encounter.

The game began with Pacangan taking the early lead when Sharvari converted her chance to open the scoring in just the 3rd minute. A few minutes later, Pacangan were awarded a penalty after a foul in the box by Kenkre defender. Bhakti Pawar stepped up for the penalty, converting it with ease to make it 2-0 within ten minutes of the game.

However, Kenkre fought back bravely creating some flurry of chances to turn the game upside down. Around the half-hour mark, in the space of nine minutes, Kenkre slotted three goals in quick succession to take the lead for the first time in the game. Kavya Jaiswal scored a brace while Iqra Vora scored one to make it 3-2 in favor of Kenkre at halftime.

In the second half, Pacangan came out strong and all guns blazing and were immediately rewarded when skipper Ambika Dange leading from front scored the equaliser in the 46th minute. Around the hour mark, Pacangan took the lead again via a goal from Pratiksha Chandane to make it 4-3. Despite some late attacks from Kenkre, Pacangan defense stood strong to see out the game eventually.

FT: Pacangan 4-3 Kenkre

In the second match of the day, Palghar’s Next Sports Academy took on Mumbai-based India Rush.

After a draw in their last match, India Rush were determined to end the campaign on a high. They started pressurizing Next Sports Academy from the very first whistle. Midfielder Jigmet opened the scoring in the 28th minute. Stonskit doubled their lead in the 34th minute.

India Rush continued to dominate in the second half as well. In the 55th minute, Jigmet doubled her tally. India Rush won the match 3-0 at full time.

FT: Next Sports 0-3 India Rush

In the third match of the day, Thane’s S.P. Football Academy faced Mumbai’s Footie First. By the 45th minute, both the teams showed their defensive power. But just before the half-time whistle, S.P. Football Academy won a penalty. Valencia scored from the spot to give them a slender lead at half-time.

In the second half, Mmehak scored twice in the 64th and 74th minutes respectively.

The match ended with a 3–0 scoreline in favor of S.P. Football Academy, who finished the campaign as runners-up.

FT: S.P. Football 3-0 Footie First

In the last match of the day, PIFA Sports took to the field as a formality to get a walkover against Amma FC, who had earlier backed out of the tournament. With this, PIFA finished at the top of the league and were crowned as the Champions. PIFA did not concede a single goal and remained unbeaten throughout the league.